«
»

Monday, March 31, 2008

Don't be the guy riding the bicycle... really.

Lately I've been noticing more people riding bikes around town. Of course I assume this is because rising gas prices, but for some of these people it might not be that they can't pay for gas to put in the car... but they can't pay for the car itself.

Let me tell you a little story.

I was driving home one day and at an intersection across from a local college around here this kinda chubby guy rolls up on a mountain bike. He looked to be about 21, 22.. around that. He had on a BRIGHT (and I mean bright) orange shirt, it had some kind of logo on it (I wanna say dungeon and dragons just because of how nerdy this guy looked), really short khaki shorts, hiking boots and white socks pulled up to his knees. So you get the picture right? He's one of those guys that you figure has never had one single girlfriend in his entire life! Which for him is the bad news. And I felt kinda bad for him untill I realized the good news. And the good news is he's a smart guy... I could tell by the simple fact he was wearing a HELMET! And even though it adds to the geeky factor of his look, its also adds to his safety.

I'd be willing to bet that if he took those smarts and focused on them, and utilized them in other areas of his life besides mastering computer programming (he was one of those guys that you just KNOW he's a genuis when it comes to computers) that he could accomplish just about whatever he wanted. INCLUDING SUCCESS WITH WOMEN!

Moral of the story is.. guys focus on your good points and downplay your bad ones. Ok?

And alot of guys get discouraged or their motivation scatters after some people say something NEGATIVE about their strong points. heres the KEY to sticking with this no matter what people say. When people bust on you for your strong points, call them out on being jealus, because thats EXACTLY what they are. And their insecure about you being better than them at something so they feel the need to bring you down in order for them to feel better.

Remember that, because once you start up playing your good points, people WILL rag on you, even more so than before. Like if your smart and you like to use big words, people may say you act like your better than everyone else and enjoy making people feel stupid by using such big words. Just be like "look, this is who I am, I'm not insulting you by the way I talk its just how I talk, deal with it or get lost" and they'll leave you alone. Plus everyone else in the group will respect you for standing up for yourself.

I know this post didn't really have anything to do with "picking up women". BUT it is a serious INNER GAME post. It's a message to all you hardcore geeks out there that need to build security in your strong points. OH, and the ones that need to get a car and stop riding their bike! Why? Well I'll give you one VERY good reason for why! Because you can't ride your future super hot model girlfriend around on your bike! And even if you could, she probably wouldn't like it to much! So get a car guys. Let me be more specific, get a NICE car. Don't go get a run down '91 hatchback or something like that. Save up untill you can get a nice car ok.

And I just had a lightbulb moment.. I got the perfect way for you guys to get help with your style!... IF you dare... or I should say... IF you have the BALLS to do it! It'll be in the next post.

untill then, PEACE!

1 comments:

Rock'N'Roll! said...

When will the next post be?